Thursday, January 28, 2010

a take out kind of day: leaf cuisine


I thought I would treat myself today.
I never forget how lucky I am to live in Los Angeles. There are several raw cuisine restaurants that I like.
One place is called Leaf Cuisine.
They have a dish that I love, a  raw version of Pad Thai.
While I was waiting  for my to go order-I could not look away from the dessert cubby and chose a slice of vanilla caramel cake. It consisted of thick creamy custard layers with a darker strip of custard sandwiched in the middle.
The top was sprinkled with coconut shavings.
It was really beautiful, but kind of melted in the car, so I didn't get any good photographs. (The "cheese"cake is the brown spoonful on the edge of my plate in the photo above.)
The Pad Thai was $11.99 and the cake was $7.99.
Twenty dollars for such great tasting food that I didn't have to make has really made my day. I can get three meals out of the generous portions, and the thing that hits home today-no clean up in the kitchen!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails