Monday, August 3, 2009

zucchini noodles and leftovers

breakfast:

two handfuls of my nut and dried fruit mix
nut and dried fruit mix
1 1/3 cups raw walnuts
1 cup chopped dried black mission figs
2/3 cup yellow raisins
1/3 cup dried ginger diced into small strips
1/2 cup raw almonds
(I add walnuts during the week because I tend to grab those easiest and dried ginger because Carrington likes ginger tossed at him for a treat)


mid morning:

smoothie
1 banana
2 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
2 ice cubes
blend till smooth
I wanted to add avocado for the first time this morning but they are not ripe yet.

Lunch:

Last week I made some spicy walnut taco mix. I only had a small amount let and a lot of the corn tomato salsa.
I don't have a spiralizer so I sliced a zucchini into a sort of pasta, crumbled the last of the taco mix, grated some carrot for garnish.
I let it sit until it warmed up.
Spicy walnut taco mix:
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
pinch cayenne
The recipe calls for a blending of the ingredients but my blender was not up to the job so I chopped it all by hand.
I added 4 sun dried tomato (sliced into ribbons), 6 black kalamata olive (diced).
Then I finely diced  and folded in a mixture of 1/3 a Vidalia onion,  1/8 a red onion and 1 clove garlic
Corn Tomato Salsa
2 ears corn sliced from cob
16 heirloom cherry tomatoes of various colors
1 cucumber diced
fresh cilantro
1/2 avocado diced
6 sun dried tomatoes chopped
(After a few days of eating this I will keep the cucumber separate so that I can drain the liquid easier as I assemble and use the Salsa.)
Tonight I will be reading through Matthew Kenney's every day raw and Rennee Loux Underkoffler's Living Cuisine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails