Wednesday, August 12, 2009





Breakfast:



Blueberry Banana Shake

2 cups frozen blueberries
1  sliced frozen banana
½ bottle purple seven juice
1 fresh peach, diced
4 frozen black berries




Lunch:
1/2 cantaloupe




















RAW by Charlie Trotter and Roxanne Klein is a book I adore.
I bought it on sight as soon as I saw it in a bookstore years ago, way before raw .
The photos made it a cookbook I had to have .
The recipes looked like a good idea for special occasions, but at the time, not for my everyday life.
I just didn’t eat with such attention to fresh ingredients then.
Now I look at the book with new eyes and with new taste buds to please.
I will be working on filling my pantry with the list of things that make up the “Basic Recipes” section in the back of the book.
RAW in capital letters!
I like that- like a stand.










 Now I want better equipment.
I smirk now at myself.
I am just beginning to get some idea on how to use what I have.
Just..
Beginning !!!
My greedy instincts just want new stuff, more toys to play with.

Back to what I have…
I was inspired by this photo:


from RAW by Charlie Trotter and Roxanne Klein


 My ordinary blender made some soup today.









 ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
3 cups chopped heirloom tomato and juice
½ ear corn, removed from cob
6yellow raisins, chopped
Italian seasonings to taste
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Cheyenne pepper to taste

Blend until smooth.
Place serving in bowl. Garnish with fresh corn removed from cob, julienne cucumber, sliced sun dried tomato
This made two servings.






 I loved this soup!
I’m so used to having crackers with soup.
I usually have some Rawvolution’s onion bread on hand, but no more.
Now I’m doing it for myself.
Thankfully the corn gave me some great texture.
I think I will omit the cucumber as a blended ingredient and just use it for garnish.
I found the soup starting to separate near the end of the meal.









I also want dessert tonight.

Blueberry Pudding.








My first try using an avocado for dessert. I finally got the avocado to ripen in a brown bag.


1 very ripe banana diced
1 ripe avocado chopped
2 cups fresh blueberries

Blend, refrigerate, eat

I should type blend-eat.
The pudding was just the thing to hit the spot.
I'm not sure how solid it will get.
My pudding sat in the refrigerator, calling me for ten minuets before I ate it.









These are more photos from RAW that I want to make and eat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got RAW by Charlie Trotter and Roxanne Klein on the shelf. Thanks for reminding me!

Anonymous said...

Glad I came across your blog! Love it!
XoXo.

alissa said...

oh YAY!!

my ex-boyfriend just bought be this book for no reason!

i can't wait to get it now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails