Saturday, June 26, 2010

corn salsa over tomatoes

As my juicing increases I find a lighter evening meal is all I am craving.



Simple corn salsa

corn kernels cut from the cob of three ears of corn
1/2 Avocado diced
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, well drained and sliced into ribbons
1/4 cup black olives
1/4 cup diced red onion
pink Himalayan salt to taste.

Mix ingredients in small bowl until the avocado becomes a cream.
I sliced 8 Campari tomatoes and arranged on a plate of torn fresh basil leaves.
I heaped about half the mixture over the tomatoes and then
garnished it all with the other avocado half.
I left the avocado pit in with the rest of the salsa so that the avocado would not turn brown.

I am still juicing everyday.
Still the small raw meal in the late afternoon.

The weight loss has slowed.
I weight 152.
It is what it is, but I miss seeing the scale go down every day.
I have managed to keep by body fat from shooting up so the exercise video must be working.
I would love to test if the non organic fruit and veggies are the source or the weight loos effect starts to balance as my body gets used to the juicing.



I am excited about my newest toy:





I used it for the first time this morning.
My skin feels as if I have been to the spa.
Usually after a shower I dry off and rush to apply lotion.
This morning I was surprised how moisturized my skin felt right out of the shower.
Lovely.
Why had I not heard of a dry skin brush before?

Small victories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing so well! I must start dry skin brushing again :-)

evergreen said...

Your recipe looks so delicious, thanks for sharing it with us:)

It sounds like you are doing great! I always tend to ignore plateaus and just keep going...lol!

I love your new skin brush...dry brushing is a wonderful habit.

Tess said...

What a good idea putting olives into the corn salad! I love Olives, I need to use them more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails