Friday, June 25, 2010

spiced cashews

I found this recipe in the book everyday raw.
I was put off by the amount of time it would take to complete this recipe at first.
As of late I am looking to build my pantry with crunchy things I can add to my foods.
Things seem soft all the time, dish after dish.
After drinking juice all day I am looking for some crunch to bite into for my evening meal.
I was out of the sweet curry I love so I used the Madras Curry. I have about six different curries because I kept buying new ones until I found the one I like.
I used raw honey instead of the agave and maple syrup, and skipped the cayenne for allergy reasons.
My cashews actually took an extra twenty hours to dry out completely.
Well worth the wait.
I will make a trip to get the sweeter curry for my next batch.
Sweet, salty, curry crunch!

Can't wait to crumble them over my salads.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails